Skip to main content

Our Youth Deserves Everything but an Awful Life

       



     We all have been affected by the current COVID-19 pandemic. However, the impact of the pandemic and its consequences are felt differently. Our children were one of the most affected because not only their entertainment has been jeopardized but also their method of learning. In our way of living, difficulties are felt left and right because of the sudden adjustments or the said new normal. Nonetheless, it is very pleasing to have this kind of celebration amidst this circumstance. Because of certain occurrences, the government pushed through this celebration which is a win for us, especially for the young individuals.

     We are all aware of the unpleasant effect of this new normal because we personally experience it. Children are limited in almost everything due to the restrictions and strict health protocols that are implemented by the government. Considering the huge risk that one might get infected by the said virus; they are limited to go out and enjoy their youth like the older generations did. The method of learning also changed abruptly which is a big adjustment for most people. The online class is not for everyone because of the difference in financial status. Many Filipinos suffer poverty that leads to them not having enough apparatus to use and sufficient money to buy load for their mobile data. Therefore, we need to consider every single person in terms of setting a ‘new normal’ so that no one will ever be left out. Every child has the right to study, and we can never neglect the fact that they are entitled to do so. We must protect this right in order to make sure that no child is obliterated because of this unfamiliar routine.

     To sum it all up, we necessitate more consideration. The government should find a better solution in terms of the ways of learning and be a helping hand to those who are in need. We citizens should be open to our fellow and the higher-ups regarding this kind of matter or issue in order to spread awareness.

SOURCES:
https://news.yahoo.com/philippines-20-month-lockdown-children-023115526.html

Comments

  1. Hey there! I agree that this pandemic has ruined many chances for children. Like for us, we can't get to experience junior prom, sadly. I am slightly glad that even amidst the pandemic, we still continue to study, although as what your article has mentioned, online classes is not for everyone. So I hope everything thing will turn back to the way before, so that every child can have a proper education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that online classes are not for everyone because of our differences in terms of financial status. That is why, I am really grateful to be privileged enough to afford this so called "new normal". Anyways, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I appreciate very much the post on the National Children’s Month Celebration coz’ it really gives important on the rights and privileges of children in the community and their own rights as well in the society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kei <3. I totally agree, because of differences in socioeconomic situations, the online class is not for everyone. Many Filipinos are impoverished, and as a result, they do not have the equipment to utilize or enough money to purchase load for their mobile data. And I, myself, struggle with this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here, I agree that online class is not for everyone because of our differences in terms of financial status. Not all of us can afford the apparatus to use for online class. I really appreciate this blog keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness Over Crisis

        Christmas is celebrated to remember the birth of Jesus Christ, who most people believe is the son of God. Christmas is one of the longest holidays that we Filipino's are celebrating every year.  One cannot deny that this holiday feels warm and joyful when it comes to celebrating it with their family members, close friends, or simply their loved ones. Family traditions bond us closer together; they help every single member feel a sense of belonging; they create joyful memories that will last a lifetime and they give us something to look forward to.        Christmas is just around the corner but at the same time, events and holidays are different as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. For many of us, the holiday season is a much-anticipated time to rest, savor family meals and enjoy each other’s company. In past years, holiday travel has been as simple as jumping in the car or boarding a plane. Due to the strict health protocols, we could not do things like before nor celebrate

Myself for the Past Months

  Myself for the Past Months         This first quarter in Grade 10 was fairly simple. I learned to manage my time properly and interact with other people. Our class did many activities, some include us doing yoga. Another activity that we did was painting. Even though I miss my classmates and genuinely want to meet our teachers, I somehow enjoy home learning. At the beginning of the school year, I was a little shy in our google meets but now that we did some activities, I feel looser to express what I feel and have to say.      The problems I encountered during this quarter is not really about the difficulty of the modules or the lack of internet, my problem is myself. At times, I always tend to zone out when working and waste the time that is designated for my modules. At night, I sometimes suffer insomnia because I often overthink about things. I addressed these problems by communicating with my parents about my behaviour and helped myself by cooperating with them. These past